Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- More Efforts to Sabotage Forest Rights Via the Courts and the Government – But the Struggle Continues September 15, 2022
- “Joint Coordination” By Tribal and Environment Ministries – Undermining Forest Rights Through the Back Door? July 8, 2021
- Is the Tribal Ministry Trying to Sabotage Community Forest Rights Again? August 29, 2020
- Is BJP Govt Setting Up Millions of Tribals and Forest Dwellers for Eviction Again? February 22, 2020
- Tribals, Forest Dwellers Across India Take to the Streets Against BJP Govt’s Attack on Their Rights November 17, 2019
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.