Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- Is BJP Govt Setting Up Millions of Tribals and Forest Dwellers for Eviction Again? February 22, 2020
- Tribals, Forest Dwellers Across India Take to the Streets Against BJP Govt’s Attack on Their Rights November 17, 2019
- A Victory for Tribals and Forest Dwellers – Govt Withdraws Indian Forest Act Amendments November 15, 2019
- On Nov 17th, Protests Planned Across Country Against Attack on the Rights of Tribals and Forest Dwellers September 26, 2019
- Centre Fails to Appear Again, Supreme Court Hears Case on Forest Rights Act September 12, 2019
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.