Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- Supreme Court Hears Anti Forest Rights Act Case, Next Hearing on September 12th August 6, 2019
- Supreme Court Case Not Heard – But Government’s Responsibility Still Stands July 24, 2019
- Explainer: Millions Face Possible Eviction – What is the Supreme Court Forest Rights Case About? July 23, 2019
- Two Days Before Supreme Court Hearing, Groups from 24 Countries Say Government Undermining Fight Against Climate Change by Attacking Forest Rights July 22, 2019
- Joint Letter to Modi Govt- Stop Trying to Destroy the Rights of Forest Dwellers July 9, 2019
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.