Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- Hundreds of Villages Across India Demand End to ‘Afforestation’ As Excuse for Forest Dept Land Grab September 21, 2016
- A Black Day for The Rights of Millions – Rajya Sabha Passes Afforestation Bill July 28, 2016
- The Forest Policy That Wasn’t – But Which Says A Lot June 28, 2016
- Opposition Takes Stand After PM Modi Tries to Dodge Forest Rights Issue May 15, 2016
- Modi Govt Backs Off, Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill Pushed to Monsoon Session May 12, 2016
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.