Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- Joint Letter to Modi Govt- Stop Trying to Destroy the Rights of Forest Dwellers July 9, 2019
- BJP Govt Wants to Declare War in Forests – Are Tribals and Forest Dwellers the Enemy? March 22, 2019
- Tribals, Forest Dwellers Rise In Protest Across the Country March 6, 2019
- SC Puts Eviction Order on Hold: Centre Finally Does Its Job After Nationwide Protests and Anger February 28, 2019
- Conservationists Speak Out Against Evictions, Say This Is Not Pro-Conservation February 27, 2019
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.