Across India’s forest areas, people are fighting for democracy, livelihood and dignity. The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006, is one instrument in that struggle.
A Weapon of Democracy in the Forests
- Tribals, Forest Dwellers Rise In Protest Across the Country March 6, 2019
- SC Puts Eviction Order on Hold: Centre Finally Does Its Job After Nationwide Protests and Anger February 28, 2019
- Conservationists Speak Out Against Evictions, Say This Is Not Pro-Conservation February 27, 2019
- BJP Sarkar Jawab Do! Tens of Thousands Will Join National Andolan For Forest Rights February 25, 2019
- Whose Bogus Claims? Anti Forest Rights Petitioners Again Make Misleading Arguments February 21, 2019
In April 2016, our website was hacked. This is a restored version, but we were not able to restore all the content. If you find broken links, or you need statements, documents or material from 2005 - 2014 that is no longer available here, please contact us.